Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week 22: Pounds +0.3; Points +41; Activity +17; Workouts 2 (plus moving!)



Week 21 Summary:

Hmm ... does packing, cleaning & moving (well the pieces the movers didn't!) count as exercise?

Pounds ... my Monday weigh-in had me up 0.3 pounds ...annoyed at myself because 1) I've been working out & tracking again the last 3 weeks & while my increases are small ... they are increases, not decreases!

Points ... went 41 points over my daily allowance & activity points ... still not tracking 100% as well as I should ... and a chuck of this was alcohol points Saturday night ... (although was planning not to drink til post-race ... so a bit of a failure here!)

Activity ... earned 17 points (2 jogs & some walks)

Improvements vs. prior week ...

1) I need to track daily ... I kept a list on a post-it with my food from the week, but forgot some items & didn't have all the nutrition information beside me to calculate correctly
I did better ... but still not tracking in the moment, so probably don't catch 100% & not 100% accurate either.

2) I am still struggling with my frequent chocolate cravings & had quite a few treats this week I need to cut out in future weeks (I am trying to replace sweet cravings with 70% dark chocolate) 
Switched over to dark chocolate, but still indulging too much!

3) I need to increase to at least 4 workouts a week, my body seems to respond better to more frequent, shorter workouts vs longer less frequent workouts
Nope!  But I blame the move for this!

Learnings:


1) When work offers a celebratory free Friday lunch of pizza, curly fries, chicken wings, chicken tenders, and cake ... no matter how good I've been for the week ... I shouldn't eat away all of my successes from the start of the week!

2) I can not try to keep up with my boyfriend in terms of types of food eaten, quantity of food eaten or speed of food eaten!  (I do a pretty good job here generally, but something to keep a watchful eye on)

3) And again ... I need to increase to at least 4 workouts a week, my body seems to respond better to more frequent, shorter workouts vs longer less frequent workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment