Saturday, April 20, 2013

"If You're Tired Of Starting Over, Stop Giving Up"

Writing my first blog post feels a bit to me like I’m opening a crisp, new Moleskine journal (or a brand new Five-Star notebook in school!), my pen hovering above the page as I try to figure out what my first word or sentence should be ... or maybe that's just me because I can be slightly OCD about certain things!
I have so many thoughts and ideas for how I can start this blog ... In school I felt like the 5 W’s were always a good way to cover all the bases to explain something … so here it goes!
The “Who” - My inspiration for starting my blog is “whatredread” a true & dear friend for the past 10+ years who thought blogging could be a good new hobby for me after moving to a new city in a new country.
The “What” - My inspiration for the topics I’ll cover are multi-fold, but a few key people over the last year have driven my ever-growing interest in fitness & nutrition.  The things that consume the most of my attention & time that I plan to write about are fitness, finance & traveling.
· Fitness … My ever-growing interest revolves around being more health focused, learning more about nutrition & exercise.  I’m working to develop a new  & healthy lifestyle.
· Finance … My career as well as my personal drive to try and help people learn more about better financial decisions, budgeting, and savings.
· Traveling … My favourite pastime which has brought me to 30+ countries (so far) and main area I splurge my finances on.
The “Where” - My life & career have taken me across the globe and I’m now “settled” in Belfast, at least for the moment.
The “When” – My “free” time always seems limited between work & travel the hours are limited, but curious how much of a fleeting a hobby writing my blog will be … but, only time will tell!  The time spent blogging will largely depend on my work schedule.
The “Why” – My new focus on health & nutrition has led me to spend a significant amount of time researching various health topics online across multiple sources and trying to broaden my knowledge base about multiple subjects.  Ultimately, I’m learning a lot and think there is no harm in sharing my learnings with my peers.
The “How” – My approach in what I cover & what I write about will probably vary … but I have a plethora of ideas that I’ll explore and see what ends up being the best fit for me & any followers that I end up having. 
And … so my new hobby as a blogger … begins!
***
Title quoted from: Caits-Corner
***

4 comments:

  1. YAY for blog :)

    And I love that you started it with the 5 W's and also an H. This would be great to use as an About Me if you decide to put together one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also you should take off the captcha stuff unless you start getting a lot of spam cos they are annoying. Or you could go with a comment add on. I use IntenseDebate which does sometimes make me want to tear my hair out, but when I think about it those times are few and far between.

      Delete
    2. When you leave a comment and you have to prove you're not a robot so you have to enter in the code before leaving the comment.

      Delete